Monday, January 23, 2012

The Journey...

Another day...right?  No!!!  It's my birthday!!  Why am I excited?  I mean, after all, I am getting older.....it does get to be just another day.  But let me let you in on a little secret to my life.....it's been a long hard road getting here.  It's been a journey.  I've had customers asked how I knew this is what I wanted to do...actually, one asked me today.  So, I'll fill you in.  Welcome to my world...
As a little girl, I LOVED fashion.  Always.  I remember my first pair of Jordache jeans.  Pretty Sad.  We were by no means dirt poor, but we were sure not rich either.  I remember the "rich" girls at school, or the ones who thought they were, wearing the more expensive brands.  I wore the cute ones.  I picked them out carefully.  Matched to a t.  Shoes, jewels, all of it.  I may not of had the most expensive, but I can remember, I was the more stylish.  That's where my being different comes in.  Love it!  My parents did the best they could and I love them for that.  I began working when I was 13.  Washing dishes at a local, very country restaurant named Bob's kitchen.  Me and my best friend.  She was the cook!  Seriously!....Saved my money so I could buy clothes at a store called GG's.  They had the coolest stuff.....And you bet your bottom I saved up and got me some glittery belts, Guess Jeans, penny loafers and all the "In" stuff.  I remember thinking I wanted to own a store just like it!   Kept working.....worked during high school at the local newspaper, The Gateway Beacon/Times Georgian....Learned to use my creative side there building and creating ads.  (Thank you Debbie!)  Thought that someday I would go into journalism, advertising, write fashion articles.  An outlet in a small town.  Then comes college....along with a little too much "sorority" fun;)  I took business classes, finance.  Started working in Atlanta at a major corporation.  Worked my way to the top as far as I could.  Started taking "fashion forward" classes.  Remember...I'm in downtown Atlanta.  Very different from my hometown with one red light....  Okay....skip forward.....Business/finance degree is where I'm at when I meet my now husband.  What happens?  Drop my dreams of being  a being a major buyer or opening my own store, marriage, children and life takes over.....I find out that motherhood is fabulous.  Wouldn't change it for the world.  I have three children of my own, and one stepson that I consider my own. So I have four children....Now the ride begins. 
 Are you ready???

No comments:

Post a Comment